Navigate Up
Sign In

​Attorney Certification

Certificates of Good Standing

The Supreme Court Clerk is the keeper of the Roll of Attorneys admitted to practice law in this state.  A certification of admission to practice (i.e., a certificate of good standing) is available to Active and Voluntary Inactive members of the State Bar of Michigan who have paid their annual membership dues for the current year, who are not resigned, involuntarily inactive, suspended, or prohibited from practicing or holding themselves out as attorneys, and who are not subject to pending disciplinary proceedings in Michigan or any other jurisdiction.  Certificates of good standing are also available to Emeritus members who are not subject to pending disciplinary proceedings in Michigan or another jurisdiction.

Certificate Requests by Mail 

A certificate of good standing may be requested by completing the form below and mailing it, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to the Supreme Court Clerk's Office:
Certificate requests received by mail will be processed and mailed within 1 business day.  Failure to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope will delay processing of the request.


Certificate Requests by Email 

Certificate requests may be made by email to The Clerks Office will phone as soon as possible after receiving your emailed form. Payment is by credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover only).

Attorney Name Change

If your legal name has changed, you should submit t​he form below to the Clerk's Office, along with legal proof of the change (e.g., marriage certificate, divorce decree, other court order), so that it can update the Roll of Attorneys.


Attorney Name Change form

O​ffice Hou​​rs




Clerk of the Michigan Supreme Court

Mailing Address:
PO Box 30052
Lansing, MI 48909
Street Address:
Michigan Hall of Justice
925 W. Ottawa Street
Lansing, MI 48915
Phone: (517) 373-0120

Email suggestions or comments about the Clerk's Office to​.​


Abigail Tithof